Builders Insurance – Compare Leading insurers
- Instant cover available
- Download your policy documents
- Use a debit card or credit card (no charge)
- Very competitive premiums from leading insurers
- Our online comparison quote form is quick and easy to compare leading insurers cover.
Call us on 01480 402475
Builders Insurance cover is available for:
- Public Liability up to a limit of £5 million
- Employers Liability at a limit of £10 million
- Tools and business equipment (optional)
- Contract works, tools, your own and hired in plant (optional)
- Personal accident (optional)
- Commercial legal expenses (optional)
The basic builders insurance cover you will need is Public Liability insurance and Employers Liability insurance if you have anyone working for you.
If you would prefer to talk through your builders insurance with one of our specialist staff, please call us on 01480 402475.
Why do you need Builders Public Liability Insurance?
As a builder you will be well aware of the hazards associated with any building site, be it a new construction or renovation and refurbishment. No matter of how careful you are there is always the possibility of an incidence occurring. The HSE have worked with the building trade to reduce the number of accidents but sadly accidents do happen, even to the most careful of people. Builders insurance will give you protection from increasing trend of injured parties, encouraged by TV ads, texts to their mobile phones or by family and friends, to seek compensation.
Builders insurance provides an indemnity up to your selected limit against the unpredictable cost of injuries and property damage involving directors, business partners, employees, labour only subcontractors and bona fide subcontractors who hold their own insurance.
We are able to provide immediate quotes cover of £1 million, £2 million or £5 million.
This may sound like an excessive amount of builders insurance cover but just take a few minutes to consider the cost of a personal injury claim made against you, especially if someone was badly injured.
The Business Benefits of Builders Employers Liability Insurance?
If you have someone working for you be it an employee or even a subcontractor who is not your direct employee but is acting on your instruction, you are legally required to have builder employers liability insurance.
Call us on 01480 402475
Legal Definition of an Employee
Any person while working for you in connection with the business who is:
- Under a contract of service or apprenticeship with you
- A person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with some other employer and who is hired to or borrowed by you
- A labour master or person supplied by him
- A person engaged by a labour only sub-contractor
- A self employed person performing work under a similar degree of control and direction by you as a person under a contract of service or apprenticeship with you
- A driver or operator of hired-in plant
- A trainee or person undergoing work experience
- A voluntary helper
In addition to builders Public Liability insurance and builders Employers Liability insurance, you can include within your builders insurance policy cover for tools, hired in plant, and your own plant.
Obviously tools are essential to your work and without them you may be unable to proceed, therefore losing income. Insuring will assist in their replacement if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
Always check the terms and conditions of your builders insurance policy as inevitably there will be exclusions such as tools not being covered if left in your van overnight, unless the vehicle is in a locked garage.
Contract works can be added and this would cover your build project against theft or damage occurring.
Additionally, Personal Accident cover can be included and also Legal Cover to your builders insurance should this ever be required.
If you would prefer to talk through your requirements with one of our builder insurance specialist staff, please call us on 01480 402475.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that all insurance policies are subject to terms, conditions, excesses and exclusions. As we strive to ensure you have the cover that you require we would ask you to read the Policy Document and the Policy Summary, both of which are available online.