Lifesure has an opportunity for a Senior Finance Administrator to join the team.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Main purpose of the role:
- The role has direct line management responsibility for the 4 Finance Administrators
- The role reports to the Finance Manager and is part of the personal lines finance team
- A key purpose is to ensure that the Finance Administrators carry out their work in accordance with the FCA Client Asset Sourcebook and our internal policies and procedures
Working hours: full time (37.5 hours per week)
9am – 5pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day
Direct reports: four Finance administrators
There will be recurring responsibilities with regard to the following:
- Leading and developing the team of Finance Administrators
- Providing training and support to the Finance Administrators where needed and appropriate
- Following the performance cycle with each team member to ensure that individual and team objectives are achieved
- To be able to provide constructive feedback and support to team members on review of their work, in all areas, particularly in reviewing daily, weekly and monthly accounting reconciliations and scrutinising monthly bordereaux & insurer accounts.
- Supporting team members in dealing with queries from colleagues, premium finance companies and insurers, and dealing with complex queries independently.
- To follow procedures relating to ‘client money’
- Responsibility for ensuring that all process changes are documented in the Finance Handbook and keeping this document updated and accurate
- Understanding of processes to be able to advise on change requests from other departments and how these will impact the team and ways of working.
- To perform the monthly client account reconciliation and Client Money Calculation in accordance with the FCA regulations on ‘client money’ and to make/authorise the resulting monetary transfers and accounting entries.
- Ensuring that monthly maintenance of the broking software is performed by the team and to resolve any accounting queries that arise as a result of running these reports
- Making and approving insurer payments and payments to other suppliers
- Throughout the month, continually updating the Balance Sheet reconciliations spreadsheet and to ensure that at month end every balance sheet item is reconciled to support the management figures
- To prepare the monthly management accounts & supporting schedules alongside the Finance Manager, and to be able to do this independently, when required
- Completing the cashflow forecasts for 2 group companies
- Maintaining the QB Online system for 2 group companies including bank reconciliations. (Support with data entry can be provided by a Finance Administrator.)
- Interrogate financial data to solve queries and provide solutions
- Preparing cashbook receipts and payments spreadsheet for smaller, non-insurance broking entities
- To oversee the Finance reporting and the ability to cover this, when necessary.
- To be able to complete daily tasks on the Close Brothers system when required & overseeing the general maintenance of the iPrompt system.
- Overseeing the level of debt as reported in the Debtors & Creditors report produced by Finance, and ensuring our debt policies are followed.
- Overseeing the reporting on debt written off and explaining this to the Finance Manager & Financial Controller when required.
- To be able to assist the Finance Manager is preparing the year-end schedules, reconciliations and documentations to provide to the company accountants for both group companies and other non-insurance entities.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be set by the Finance Manager and Financial Controller.
- AAT qualified
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English – C grades and above
- CII qualified (desirable, but this will be offered as part of the training we provide)
Key skills & experience:
- Minimum two years line management experience working in a Finance environment, preferably in the insurance industry
- Computer literacy, especially the ability to use Excel to a high standard
- Adaptability to work with various software solutions, and experience in improving processes.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects
- As a firm regulated by the FCA we are required to strict standards of compliance so accuracy and transparent workings are essential.
- As the role involves working with confidential information, the successful candidate must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Always demonstrate the Lifesure values and support the team to ensure that these are evident in team behaviours
- Keen to learn, willing to ask questions and to quickly absorb new information
- Application of prior experience in current role to facilitate improvements and new processes/systems
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and manage a busy workload is an essential.
- Able to work under pressure in a busy office and to meet time deadlines
- An excellent team-player, personable and able to get on with colleagues in all teams
- Be a role model: be positive, supportive, discreet, responsible, professional and fair
- Foster a culture of continuous and never-ending improvement (CANI)
- Conscientious and motivated to support other members of the team
- Ability to train staff to a high standard
To express an interest, please contact email@example.com.