There are some risks that aren’t worth taking. We offer great value insurance cover so you can protect the things in your life that you care deeply about.
Whether it’s your car or caravan, home or motorhome, static or leisure home, we handpick products and services from leading insurers1, saving you the time and hassle of shopping around.
We’re not against price-comparison websites, in fact, we appear on several of the specialist ones. But we know that price isn’t the only thing that matters when it comes to insurance.
In our head office in St Neots, what we care about is proudly displayed on the wall. It says this:
We care. We care about our people, our customers, our partners and our future. We believe that growing our business benefits all.
Making the customer experience so fantastic that recommending and renewing is an easy choice.
For a full list of the insurers that we work with, please click here.
1 We aim to partner with insurers who have at least an A rating. A-rated insurers are independently assessed as financially stable with the means to pay should you have a claim.
Why does this matter to you?
You can rely on us to go the extra mile to protect you and the things that you love.
Who we are
- We are a family-owned broker that’s been protecting customers since 1971
- We have a great reputation for providing specialist insurance, such as touring and static caravans, park homes, motorhomes, and Japanese import cars
- We are a Lloyd’s cover holder, which means we’re backed by the underwriting expertise and financial security of the Lloyd’s market
What we do
- We offer you choice and expert advice, finding the right cover for you
- We work with well-known insurer partners, such as AXA, Ageas, Allianz, Aviva, LV
- We develop our own products and services with features that our customers have requested
- We ensure our products are backed with great claims services that you can rely on
How we do it
- By putting care at the heart of our business. We believe that business is about more than profit. Businesses have a responsibility to give back
- We care for the well-being of our people, for their learning and development
- We care for our customers and their communities
- We care about our business and insurer partners, creating long-term relationships
What makes us different?
It’s not really what we do that makes us special, but how and why we do it. How we do business can be seen in our five company values, which we try to live up to each day.
- Caring. We care about our people, our customers, our partners and our future. We go the extra mile to help, especially when our customers need us most
We build a positive team and family spirit. We respect, support and believe in each other
We give our customers the best advice we can, to ensure they have the right insurance for their needs. We behave consistently and keep to high standards
We take personal responsibility for getting things done. We own the task at hand and see it through to the best possible conclusion
We delight our customers by making insurance simple and easy. We listen, understand and exceed their expectations
And as for the why. Well, that takes us back to our promise of caring. And because we care…
- We recruit and develop people who care about our business, our customers, our partners and our future, and who really enjoy coming to work
- We serve like-minded customers who care about getting good advice and customer service, many of whom stay with us and proactively recommend us to their family and friends
- We work with strategic business partners who share our values and are committed to achieving common goals
- We’re creating exciting future possibilities building on our history and success
If we sound like a business that you’d be proud to be a part of or served by, then we’d love to hear from you.
Our business history
Our company has changed since 1971 – when the personal computer hadn’t yet been created and we acquired customers solely by word of mouth – but why we’re here and how we work have largely stayed the same. And this section wouldn’t be complete without a nod to our founder, Colin Barnes.
Colin believed in helping people. Despite growing a business that is now one of the UK’s top 50 personal lines insurance brokers2, Colin wasn’t especially motivated by money. Colin started by knocking on doors explaining the benefits of life insurance and he loved to get people a good deal. Soon people were asking if they could insure their cars and homes with him too. So, Colin went to London, walked into the offices of the major insurance companies and told them what his customers were looking for. He came away with a new set of policies to offer and he never looked back.
Colin’s passion for customers, for working closely with insurer partners, and for supporting and challenging his team of people, runs through everything that we do at Lifesure. And our Managing Director – Paul Reid – shares Colin’s passion, customer-focus, commitment, integrity and drive. Colin sadly passed away in 2017 but we like to think he would still be very proud of the business he left behind.
2 Top 50 broker by GWP, as reported by Insurance Age, September 2018. www.insuranceage.co.uk/insurance-age/top-50-brokers-in-personal-lines-2018
Lifesure Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under register number 305038 for Insurance Distribution activities and as a Credit Broker, and does not charge any fees to customers in relation to Credit Broking activities.