UK and European breakdown insurance cover from Lifesure
We have teamed up with breakdown recovery specialists to provide you with a very affordable roadside assistance and breakdown insurance recovery package.
Our breakdown insurance cover provides you with the reassurance that if your vehicle suffers a breakdown, you can expect a rapid response to ensure that you are able to continue your journey with minimum interruption; 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
“Having had to use our car breakdown policy for the first time, I can only say how delighted and relieved we are.
Not knowing what to expect, I can only say how excellent the service was that we were given. Within 15 minutes of our first phone call a mechanic arrived who advised us of the fault and that a breakdown truck was necessary. He arranged this and within a further 20 minutes this arrived which then took us to a garage of our choice who fixed the major repair required.
An excellent breakdown cover that I would recommend to anyone.”
Mr T Davies
Cover in the UK
- Home start including up to 1 hour’s labour
- Recovery of caravan, trailer tent or trailer of a proprietary make in the event that your car cannot be repaired at the roadside
- Will recover car, caravan and passengers from roadside
- Roadside Assistance and “Doorstep” Service
- Vehicle recovery / Get-you-home service / Onward transportation
- Key cover for the vehicle keys should they be lost, damaged, become faulty or locked inside your vehicle
- Hire car provided if your car cannot be repaired or overnight accommodation
Cover in Europe
- European travel for up to 90 days per trip
- £150 cover for recovery charges by French Highway Authorities
- Overnight alternative accommodation for the driver and passengers, or a hire car
As with all insurance policies there are exclusions to the policy and we recommend that you read the policy wording . The exclusions include, but are not limited to:
- Maximum vehicle age of 15 years
- Recovery for your caravan or trailer attached to your vehicle exceeding 23 feet (7 metres) in length (excluding the drawbar and coupling)
- Breakdowns or accidents to the caravan or trailer itself
- Vehicles carrying more passengers than recommended by the manufacturer
Please see the policy booklet for the full list of exclusions.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.
We offer separate motorhome breakdown cover for owners. Choose from either UK only or UK and European cover.
Prices for the cover start at £75.00 for UK only and £95.00 for UK and European protection.
For more information about what the policies include, please visit our motorhome breakdown insurance page.
A copy of the policy documents for our breakdown insurance can be found on the policy documents page.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of topics including motoring safety and tips on saving money.
The motoring advice library can be accessed here.
What number should I call if I breakdown?
If your policy was purchased on or after 17th March 2017
Please call 01206 812731. The number will be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need your policy number to hand.
If you are calling from Europe please dial +44 1206 812731.
If you are calling from an A road or motorway in France, please call 112.
If I breakdown is my car fixed or towed to a garage?
You are covered for the call out and up to 1 hours labour. Where possible they will carry out emergency repairs at the roadside. If it cannot be successfully repaired they will recover you, your vehicle and your passengers to your registered home address, your original destination or to garage of your choice.
Is there a limited number of call outs per year?
Yes. This policy is limited to 6 call outs per year.
Are parts charged for?
Yes. You are responsible for the cost of any parts, fuel or materials used in the repair.
Is it me covered in any vehicle or is it my vehicle that is covered?
It is the vehicle that is covered.
Can my breakdown cover be transferred if I change my car during the policy period?
Yes. Any change of vehicle becomes effective 24 hours after the date you notify us of the change.
Do I get immediate cover from when I purchase the policy?
No. Cover starts 24 hours after you have paid for the policy.
Does the policy include cover for vehicles used for business?
Yes. However, it will not cover vehicles used for hire and reward or for couriers
What if I put the wrong fuel in my car?
You will be covered.
Is cover included for a towed caravan or trailer?
Yes. The maximum size of caravan or trailer that will be covered is 7 metres (23 feet) in length. However, you are not covered for breakdowns or accidents to the caravan or trailer itself.
Will your breakdown service change my wheel for me?
Yes. You must have a serviceable spare tyre or an inflation kit in your vehicle to be covered.