Do you need Convicted Driver Insurance? We can help …
You may have a drink driving or driving without insurance conviction but once you’re ready to go back on the road, Lifesure can provide the comprehensive cover you really need.
Working with leading insurance providers including AXA Insurance, a 4 star Defaqto rated UK insurer, our customers get the reassurance of excellent cover at reasonable prices and most of all, the advice of a specialist broker who understands individual circumstances and finds a tailored quotation to match.
Specialist policies for Driving without Insurance (IN10)
For those with an IN10 conviction, you’ll be pleased to know we have a policy that gives cover both to retrieve your car from a compound and throughout the following 12 months. This inclusive cover, not often available from other insurers will save you money, time and effort as just the one policy will help you quickly get back on the road.
Cover for drink driving convictions (DR10, DR20, DR30, DR40, DR50, DR60, DR70)
For those with DR endorsed licences, we have a product that will honour your no claims bonus even if your previous cover expired 3 years previously. That’s certainly something to consider when many competitors will only transfer your bonus within 2 years of the previous policy.
Tailored quotations to suit your individual needs
That’s not all, our comprehensive policies provide plenty of ongoing benefits such as accident roadside recovery, European cover and an excellent 24-hour claims service, amongst many others.
Let us talk you through the options and find insurance cover that gets you back where you want to be, on the road and looking to the future.
Leave your details with us, using the ‘Request Quote’ button above and we’ll call you back.
“It was a pleasure to talk to someone with knowledge and intelligence instead of tapping details endlessly into frustrating cyber-space. I would happily recommend Lifesure for their realistic approach to their clients and of course fair price.”
Feefo independent feedback
“After my driving conviction, I expected my insurance to be quite high. But when I got a quote from these I was amazed how cheap it was. Then to speak to a Oliver on the phone and to find out it was even cheaper. I was blown away.”
Feefo independent feedback
We are able to provide quotations for the following conviction codes:
- 24 hour claims helpline with friendly, proactive UK staff
- 24/7 accident roadside recovery
- Free collection and delivery
- Courtesy car when your car is being repaired by one of our recommended repairers
- 30 days European cover included
- Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance is an optional component of our car insurance and arranged on our behalf by Soter Professional Services for £28. If you choose not to include “Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance” from the policy, you will not receive the following benefits.
- Replacement car for up to 14 days if your car is written off, undriveable following an insured incident or stolen
- Support of our legal team if you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, as well as use of our partner solicitors who specialise in personal injury claims on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement
- Uninsured loss recovery for lost earnings, travel expenses, excess costs in a non fault accident
- Third party legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- Cash payment of £225 if you’re entitled to a replacement car but don’t take it
- Full personal injury cover for drivers and all occupants of the vehicle
- Enhanced motor prosecution defence
As with any insurance policy there are a few exclusions to the policy:
- Drivers under the age of 30
- Excluded drivers and excluded use, including drivers who do not have a driving licence or are disqualified from holding or getting a licence; and using the vehicle for purposes that are not shown on your certificate of motor insurance.
- Deterioration or wear and tear
- Loss or damage whilst your vehicle is not adequately secured
- Loss or damage to any trailer or caravan whether attached to or detached from your vehicle
Please see the policy booklet for the full list of exclusions.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.
Key protection cover is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
Some of the main benefits include:
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Covers all the keys on the same keyring (car, home, caravan etc.)
- No excess to pay
- Doesn’t count against your main insurance policy
For full details about the cover, please visit our key protection page.
We are able to arrange cover for cars for travel in the both the UK and Europe.
- UK Only Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £49
- UK and European Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £82
Both of the breakdown policies provide you with the reassurance that if your car suffers a breakdown, you can expect a rapid response to ensure that you are able to continue your journey with minimum interruption; 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
For more information please visit our breakdown page.
A copy of the policy documents for our car insurance can be found on the policy documents page.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of topics including motoring safety and tips on saving money.
The motoring advice library can be accessed here.
How do I prove my No Claim Discount (NCD)?
You will need to supply us with the latest renewal notice from your current insurer or a letter on their headed paper confirming the number of years discount you have. The letter will also need to include your name, the policy number and policy expiry date.
Without the proof from your previous insurer, it is likely that the premium quoted will increase.
Can I add a temporary driver to my policy?
Generally yes, but it is possible that the addition will incur an increase in your premium. Please telephone us with the details of the person including their full name, date of birth, occupation, type of driving licence held and information about any convictions or claims made.
Do I need to tell you if any of my details have changed?
Yes, we need to be informed about any change to your personal details or your circumstances. Please call us on 01480 402460.
I’ve been convicted of a minor speeding offence; do I need to let you know?
Any change, however minor it may seem, should be reported to us. Not all offences will result in an increase of premium, but they need to be recorded on your file.
We would also need to be informed if you were involved in an accident whilst driving another vehicle.
I’m going on holiday in Europe; do I need to let you know?
Providing that the trip does not exceed the period limit in your policy, and is within the territorial limits of your policy, we do not need to be made aware of the journey. Our car insurance policies automatically include a number of days for foreign travel; please consult your policy document for the details.
If however, your trip is of a longer duration or you are going to exceed the total number of days over more than one trip, then please call us to extend your cover.
Do I need to inform you about modifications to my car that I am considering?
If the modifications will increase the performance of your vehicle, then yes we need to be informed. Common modifications that we need to be aware of (but not limited to) include engine enhancements, changes to the exhaust system.
We also need to made aware of cosmetic changes to your vehicle including upgrading the spoilers, skirts and alloys, and also if you have lowered the suspension.
I have business use on my policy; does it cover other drivers?
Your certificate of insurance will specify who can drive your car for business use; this is normally just the policyholder, but may include a spouse, partner or other named driver if you requested business cover for them. If you are unsure, please telephone us.
Can I drive other cars with my insurance?
Your Certificate of Insurance will state if you can drive other cars that do not belong to you. However you should be aware that the protection provided is the minimum cover as required under the Road Traffic Act (third party only).
This cover does not normally extend to driving vans, motorcycles or HGV’s.