People Carriers – MPV Insurance Specialists
It is obvious that you will drive carefully when you have your family in the car and if you have an MPV you have probably bought this car to transport your family. Recognising the good driving history of most MPV drivers, we are pleased to be able to offer a scheme that gives the sort of rates you deserve.
Highly competitive prices for 9 seater MPV cars (for example: Ford Tourneo, Mercedes Vito, VW Transporter and Renault Master).
If you are an MPV driver let us help you feel the benefits.
“It was a pleasure to talk to someone with knowledge and intelligence instead of tapping details endlessly into frustrating cyber-space. I would happily recommend Lifesure for their realistic approach to their clients and of course fair price.”
Feefo independent feedback
“I’ve made a couple of windscreen claims and one own fault claim over the 8 years I’ve been with them, and found them to be unflappable and accommodating. Precisely how insurers SHOULD be!”
Mrs Keetch of Somerset
- Highly competitive prices for 9 seater MPV (For example: Ford Tourneo, Mercedes Vito, VW Transporter and Renault Master)
- We have negotiated special discounts available for UK spec and Japanese Import MPVs
- 24 hour claims helpline with friendly, proactive UK staff
- 24/7 accident roadside recovery with an average to site time of 40 minutes
- Courtesy car when your car is being repaired by one of our recommended repairers
- Your vehicle booked into a network repairer within 6 working hours
- Free collection and delivery within a 30-mile radius to one of 180 approved and regularly monitored repairers
- Vandalism cover your no claims is protected against vandalism when your car is away from your home or place of work
- Uninsured driver protection in a non fault accident
- Up to 90 days European cover included
- We’re not a call centre. You’ll be talking to knowledgeable and friendly UK staff
- Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance is an optional component of our MPV insurance and arranged on our behalf by Soter Professional Services for £28. If you choose not to include “Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance” from the policy, you will not receive the following benefits.
- Replacement car for up to 14 days if your car is written off, undriveable following an insured incident or stolen
- Support of our legal team if you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, as well as use of our partner solicitors who specialise in personal injury claims on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement
- Uninsured loss recovery for lost earnings, travel expenses, excess costs in a non fault accident
- Third party legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- Cash payment of £225 if you’re entitled to a replacement car but don’t take it
- Full personal injury cover for drivers and all occupants of the vehicle
- Enhanced motor prosecution defence
Once you have spent four or more years building up your no claims bonus you are not going to want to lose it. So, for a slightly higher premium many insurers offer the chance to protect it. This means your hard earned bonus will not be wiped out due to one minor indiscretion.
As long as you have earned at least 4 years no claims, you can pay to safeguard the discount. The cost is normally reasonable, probably something like a 10% additional premium. With this comes peace of mind, considering that your bonus can be reduced by two years following an incident or even wiped out completely if you are unfortunate enough to be involved in two incidents. You may even consider yourself to be blameless. For example, fire and theft claims, a ‘hit and run’ where there is no third party, being hit by an uninsured driver or even whilst recovery of any injuries/excess are outstanding.
Your bonus represents a financial saving every time you pay your motor insurance premium. If you lose it, it may take years to build it back up and in all that time you will be paying more than you would have had to if you had protected it.
For only a small additional premium you could ensure you do not lose your hard earned no claims bonus if you have an accident.
Protecting your no claims bonus will ensure your discount is unaffected, by any incidents subject to specific limits on the number of claims within a set period (normally no more than 2 claims in a 3 year period).
If you choose Protected Bonus when taking the policy you will keep your no claim bonus providing you have no more:
- Than one claim in a period of cover
- Two claims in any three consecutive periods of cover
If you lose your bonus it will take a minimum of two years to build it up again, maybe even longer.
As with any insurance policy there are a few exclusions to the policy:
- Excluded drivers and excluded use, including drivers who do not have a driving licence or are disqualified from holding or getting a licence; and using the vehicle for purposes that are not shown on your certificate of motor insurance.
- Deterioration or wear and tear
- Loss or damage whilst your vehicle is not adequately secured
- Loss or damage to any trailer or caravan whether attached to or detached from your vehicle
Please see the policy booklet for the full list of exclusions.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.
Key protection cover is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
Some of the main benefits include:
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Covers all the keys on the same keyring (car, home, caravan etc.)
- No excess to pay
- Doesn’t count against your main insurance policy
For full details about the cover, please visit our key protection page.
We are able to arrange cover for travel in the both the UK and Europe.
- UK Only Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £49
- UK and European Annual Breakdown Insurance from only £82
Both of the breakdown policies provide you with the reassurance that if your car suffers a breakdown, you can expect a rapid response to ensure that you are able to continue your journey with minimum interruption; 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
For more information please visit our breakdown page.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of topics including motoring safety and tips on saving money.
The motoring advice library can be accessed here.
How do I prove my No Claim Discount (NCD)?
You will need to supply us with the latest renewal notice from your current insurer or a letter on their headed paper confirming the number of years discount you have. The letter will also need to include your name, the policy number and policy expiry date.
Without the proof from your previous insurer, it is likely that the premium quoted will increase.
Can I add a temporary driver to my policy?
Generally yes, but it is possible that the addition will incur an increase in your premium. Please telephone us with the details of the person including their full name, date of birth, occupation, type of driving licence held and information about any convictions or claims made.
Do I need to tell you if any of my details have changed?
Yes, we need to be informed about any change to your personal details or your circumstances. Please call us on 01480 402460.
I’ve been convicted of a minor speeding offence; do I need to let you know?
Any change, however minor it may seem, should be reported to us. Not all offences will result in an increase of premium, but they need to be recorded on your file.
We would also need to be informed if you were involved in an accident whilst driving another vehicle.
I’m going on holiday in Europe; do I need to let you know?
Providing that the trip does not exceed the period limit in your policy, and is within the territorial limits of your policy, we do not need to be made aware of the journey. Our car insurance policies automatically include a number of days for foreign travel; please consult your policy document for the details.
If however, your trip is of a longer duration or you are going to exceed the total number of days over more than one trip, then please call us to extend your cover.
Do I need to inform you about modifications to my car that I am considering?
If the modifications will increase the performance of your vehicle, then yes we need to be informed. Common modifications that we need to be aware of (but not limited to) include engine enhancements, changes to the exhaust system.
We also need to made aware of cosmetic changes to your vehicle including upgrading the spoilers, skirts and alloys, and also if you have lowered the suspension.
I have business use on my policy; does it cover other drivers?
Your certificate of insurance will specify who can drive your car for business use; this is normally just the policyholder, but may include a spouse, partner or other named driver if you requested business cover for them. If you are unsure, please telephone us.
Can I drive other cars with my insurance?
Your Certificate of Insurance will state if you can drive other cars that do not belong to you. However you should be aware that the protection provided is the minimum cover as required under the Road Traffic Act (Third Party Only).
This cover does not normally extend to driving vans, motorcycles or HGV’s.