Competitive rates and great service
As a broker we have access to a number of motorhome insurance policies that offer outstanding protection at low cost prices.
You may have known us when our motorhome insurance section was known as MCIA, Motor Caravan Insurance Agency.
Our friendly and knowledgeable motorhome team are here to help you and will be happy to advise you on the most suitable policy for your needs.
“I’m getting the same cover I had before but at a better deal. That’s simply what all customers want.”
Feefo independent feedback
“I contacted Lifesure Group after having some silly quotes for my Motorhome. I was very pleased with their price, which even with 90 day European Breakdown cover included still saved me nearly £100 off my best quote. They were professional, knew their subject and were very easy to deal with. Thanks”
Feefo independent feedback
- Cover available for motorhomes up to £75,000 including contents and equipment
- Public liability. Indemnity is covered in respect of third parties up to £20 million
- Cover for up to a maximum of £3,500 for personal effects *
- Accidental damage to motorhome and equipment (comprehensive cover only)
- Cover for awnings, gas bottles and generators included as standard
- Windscreen cover
- Fire and theft cover included as standard
- Storm and flood cover included as standard (comprehensive cover only)
- European use for between 120 days and up to 270 days per annum depending on the policy
- Discounts for limited mileage
- Accident recovery
- Personal accident cover
- Emergency alternative accommodation
- Medical expenses covered *
- Replacement locks if keys lost or stolen
- New for Old cover – up to 12 months
- Entertainment equipment *
- Left hand drive vehicles acceptable
- Policies available for owners aged 25 years of age or older
- Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance is an optional component of our motorhome insurance and arranged on our behalf by Soter Professional Services for £28. If you choose not to include “Substitute vehicle cover with adverse cost legal expenses insurance” from the policy, you will not receive the following benefits.
- Provides a hire motorhome in the event of theft, fire or a non- fault accident, should your motorhome be rendered unusable. (Motorhome hire applies only within England, Scotland and Wales. Northern Ireland is excluded)
- Motorhome hire cover is also available for accidents which are your fault and that renders the motorhome unusable, to a maximum of 14 days
- Support of our legal team if you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, as well as use of our partner solicitors who specialise in personal injury claims on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement
- Uninsured loss recovery for lost earnings, travel expenses, excess costs in a non fault accident
- Third party legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- Cash payment of £300 if you’re entitled to a replacement motorhome but don’t take it
- We will also provide free legal advice 24/7, on any matter
- Full personal injury cover for drivers and all occupants of the vehicle
- Enhanced motor prosecution defence
*See policy terms and conditions
As with any insurance policy there are a few exclusions to the policy:
- Excluded drivers and excluded use, including drivers who do not have a driving licence or are disqualified from holding or getting a licence; and using the vehicle for purposes that are not shown on your certificate of motor insurance.
- Deterioration or wear and tear
- Loss or damage whilst your vehicle is not adequately secured
- Loss or damage to any trailer or caravan whether attached to or detached from your vehicle
Please see the policy booklet for the full list of exclusions.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.
Key protection cover is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
Many insurance policies include key protection, but the advantages of this product include:
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- No excess to pay
- You won’t lose any no claims bonus accrued through your main policy
- It won’t count as a claim against your insurance
- All keys on the fob are included whether they be car, home, caravan or motorhome etc.
- Larger maximum claim limit of £1,500. Most policies are capped at around £500
For full details about the cover, please visit our key protection page.
We are able to offer our customers UK motorhome breakdown cover from £75 and UK and European breakdown cover from £99.
If you would like more details please click here.
Please visit the motorhome insurance policy documents page to see sample documents for all of our motorhome insurance policies.
You will also find copies of the key facts and legal policy wording.
PLEASE NOTE: We use a number of insurers to quote for various risks and depending on the individual risk, cover may vary. The sample policy wordings shown are only an indication of cover that may be available. To receive a copy of the exact policy wording applicable to your individual risk, please contact us on 01480 504315.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of motorhoming topics; from safety and security to touring tips.
The motorhome advice library can be accessed here.
There are a number of terms used in your policy that may be unfamiliar, or you may want a greater explanation of some of the details. Please click here to read more.
How do I prove my No Claim Discount (NCD)?
You will need to supply us with the latest renewal notice from your current insurer or a letter on their headed paper confirming the number of years discount you have. The letter will also need to include your name, the policy number and policy expiry date.
Without the proof from your previous insurer, it is likely that the premium quoted will increase.
Can I add a temporary driver to my policy?
Generally yes, but it is possible that the addition will incur an increase in your premium. Please telephone us with the details of the person including their full name, date of birth, occupation, type of driving licence held and information about any convictions or claims made.
Do I need to tell you if any of my details have changed?
Yes, we need to be informed about any change to your personal details or your circumstances. Please call us on 01480 504315.
I’ve been convicted of a minor speeding offence; do I need to let you know?
Any change, however minor it may seem, should be reported to us. Not all offences will result in an increase of premium, but they need to be recorded on your file.
We would also need to be informed if you were involved in an accident whilst driving another vehicle.
I’m going on holiday in Europe; do I need to let you know?
Providing that the trip does not exceed the period limit in your policy, and is within the territorial limits of your policy, we do not need to be made aware of the journey. Our motorhome insurance policies automatically include a number of days for foreign travel; please consult your policy document for the details.
If however, your trip is of a longer duration or you are going to exceed the total number of days over more than one trip, then please call us to discuss extending your cover.
Do I need to inform you about modifications to my motorhome that I am considering?
If the modifications will increase the performance of your vehicle, then yes we need to be informed. Common modifications that we need to be aware of (but not limited to) include engine enhancements, changes to the exhaust system.
We also need to made aware of cosmetic changes to your vehicle including upgrading the spoilers, skirts and alloys, and also if you have lowered the suspension.
Can I drive other cars with my insurance?
Your Certificate of Insurance will state if you can drive other cars that do not belong to you. However you should be aware that the protection provided is the minimum cover as required under the Road Traffic Act (Third Party Only).
This cover does not normally extend to driving vans, motorcycles or HGV’s.
What is meant by a full service pitch?
There are a number of terms used to describe the facilities on a caravan site. A full service pitch has individual provision for fresh water supply and waste water disposal, in addition to mains electricity and sometimes television aerial connection.