As one of the country’s leading independent insurance brokers for park home insurance, you can trust us to insure your unoccupied park home.
“I would like to put on record how impressed I have been with the prompt and excellent way you have handled my claim. On Boxing Day I had a call from the Lifesure manager to see if there was anything they could do which was very re-assuring. I am delighted to inform you that all the work is now complete and I can once again get on with my life. Please convey to your staff how very grateful I am for all the help and guidance I have been given during this very stressful time.”
Mr Dalton – Nidderdale flood, December 2015
“Very helpful. Quick answers to all my questions. Very competitive prices, insurance designed for our needs.”
Feefo independent feedback
Park homes are left unoccupied for a number of reasons – some planned (during refurbishment or renovation or while the owner is at a second property), some unexpectedly (awaiting probate; when the owner is hospitalized or taken into a nursing home).
Most household insurance policies do not cover your property if it is empty for a period of time, usually between 30 and 60 days, or if the owner has vacated the home without any plan to return in the foreseeable future. This insurance protects you where a standard insurance policy would not.
We understand that it is often difficult to know how long a property will be empty for and so offer an option for a six-month policy.
- New for old cover
- Property owners liability cover up to £2 million
- Fire, lightning, explosion and earthquake
- Storm and flood damage
- Escape of water
- Frost damage to water tanks and pipes
- Theft and attempted theft
- Subsidence and landslip cover
- Fast friendly service
- Option to pay by monthly installments
- We’re not a call centre and all of our staff are UK based
Please note: In order for us to provide an accurate quote we will ask you for the following information –
- replacement value of the home, on a new for old basis from the manufacturer
- plus the cost of re-siting the park home (this information can be obtained from the park home site manager)
You’ll have the peace of mind that your property and contents are properly protected and should you have to make a claim you’ll be pleased you chose us as your insurance partner.
As with any insurance policy there are a number of exclusions that apply, including –
- The supply of electricity and gas must be disconnected except where it is required for maintaining the central heating, security alarms, fire alarms
- The mains water supply shall be disconnected and all pipes and tanks drained OR the central heating left switched on and set to operate at a minimum temperature of 15C (60F) during the period of 1st November to 1st April inclusive.
- The park home must be visited for an external and internal inspection at least every seven days and a record kept of these visits
- Any loose combustible material must be removed from the inside of the park home and kept clear from the outside of the premises
- All letterboxes and similar openings (e.g. cat flaps) must be sealed
- All doors and windows must be secured by key operated locks
For the full list of exclusions and terms please refer to your policy document.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.