Specialist insurance from a leading independent broker
If you live in your static caravan, you will require different insurance to those who use a static for holiday and leisure purposes as we include extras such as personal possessions as standard within our policy.
Please note that we are only able to offer insurance to static caravans that are located on registered residential sites.
For the best possible price for your insurance, please telephone us on 01480 402460, or click on the request a callback button above. We will be delighted to call you back and go through your options.
“…The cost of the policy was half the price quoted by the site insurers and with a greatly lower excess.”
Feefo independent feedback
“1st class service everything explained in simple terms would recommend to friends. Got the cover I required at a very competitive price”
Feefo independent feedback
- Liability to the public – Indemnity is covered in respect of injury to third parties, up to £5,000,000
- New for old cover for residential static caravans
- Accidental damage, fire, theft, vandalism, storm and flood cover
- Loss or theft of keys and replacement locks up to £350
- Escape of water / oil or frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Personal accident cover up to £20,000
- Optional personal possessions cover up to £5,000 (a single article limit of £2,000 applies), including worldwide cover for up to 30 days
Full details of the features and benefits of the cover can be found in the policy documents.
Please note: Cover is only available in the UK
As with any insurance policy there are a number of exclusions that apply, including –
- The caravan must be located on a registered site
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure
- Depreciation, deterioration, manufacturing defects, wear and tear
- Loss, damage, costs or expenses caused by moth, mildew, fungus, climatic or atmospheric conditions, frost, wet or dry rot or any other gradually operating cause
- Any claim when the static caravan is being used for a purpose other than social, domestic or pleasure
- No cover for malicious damage / vandalism caused by you, your family / friends or permitted users
- Theft is not covered unless it is by forcible or violent entry to the home
- The static caravan must be anchored at 4 points or fully attached to the base
- You must adhere to any licensing and occupancy rules set by the site and /or local council
- When the property is unattended, all windows must be locked and doors secured with a minimum 5 lever mortice deadlock
For full terms please refer to your policy document.
If you own and use a static caravan solely for holiday use, please visit our static caravan insurance page as the policy differs for holiday use.
Our holiday static caravan policy includes cover for friends and family use, as well as cover for holidays lets and much more. You will also be able to get a quote and buy your insurance online.
If you have any questions, please call us on 01480 402460.
Sample documents for our static caravan policy can be downloaded here, along with the key facts.
PLEASE NOTE: We use a number of insurers to quote for various risks and depending on the individual risk, cover may vary. The sample policy wordings shown are only an indication of cover that may be available. To receive a copy of the exact policy wording applicable to your individual risk, please contact us on 01480 402460.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of topics including static caravans.
The static caravan advice library can be accessed here.
There are a number of terms used in your policy that may be unfamiliar, or you may want a greater explanation of some of the details. Please click here to read more.
What is a floatation device?
Floatation devices are designed to keep your static caravan afloat and unharmed, above any floodwaters. They are securely attached to your static caravan, which should enable it to float freely above the ground in the event of flood.
What is new for old cover?
Should your static be damaged beyond economic repair, new for old cover means that we will replace your caravan with the most recent new model (or equivalent). To ensure new for old cover applies, you must insure your static caravan and contents at the value it would cost to replace with new (of equivalent specification), and not its current value.
Is it a legal requirement that I insure my static caravan?
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, many sites will insist on insurance that provides liability cover in the event of a claim. They may need to see proof of this for their records. Some sites will also charge a fee for checking your insurance to ensure it meets individual site requirements.
Can a site charge me for them to look at my insurance documents?
Many sites need proof of insurance proof for their records and sometimes they will charge to check it meets their criteria. The fee applicable varies from site to site so it does pay to check the small print of your agreement first.
Can I live in my caravan all year round?
To live in a static on a 12 month basis, your site will need to be a residential site with you registered on the electoral role and paying council tax at that address. If your site is a holiday site, you will normally only be allowed to live there between 9-11 months of the year. You will also need to check with your insurance provider regarding their stipulations for cover in these instances.