Tailor-made caravan policies offering excellent cover at market leading prices
As a broker we have access to a number of caravan insurance policies that offer outstanding protection at low cost prices. Our friendly and knowledgeable caravan team are here to help you and will be happy to advise you on the most suitable policy for your needs.
This month, we are offering a FREE Caravan Breakdown policy when you take out a caravan insurance policy, for one year, to clients who ring us.
Please quote reference MAY16 to receive the offer.
Terms and conditions
“Very happy with service. Been a Caravan Club insurance customer for over 15 years… Lifesure over £120 cheaper and a smaller excess.”
Feefo independent feedback
“Lovely balance of professional service with friendly contact. I especially liked how they were determined to provide EXACTLY what I needed without any hurry or pressure – brilliant service.”
Feefo independent feedback
Lifesure offers 5 tailor-made caravan policies designed to offer excellent cover at market leading prices –
- LifesureCaravan Venture is a policy for people with little or no accrued no claims bonus with caravan and contents cover up to £9,000.
- LifesureCaravan Freedom is a fully inclusive policy that offers caravan and contents cover up to £25,000.
- LifesureCaravan Elite is a wide ranging policy that offers cover for caravans valued up to £40,000 that do not have a tracking device fitted or are not stored at a CaSSOA site.
- LifesureCaravan Exceed offers exceptional cover and rates for caravans valued up to £42,500 which either have an operational tracker fitted or are stored at a CaSSOA registered site.
- LifesureCaravan Evolve is a policy that offers experienced caravanners who have been unfortunate enough to make a claim within the last 36 months, but who had at least 3 years no claims bonus prior to the insured incident. For caravans valued up to £25,000.
Below is a summary of the main features of each of the policies.
All of our caravan insurance policies include the following benefits –
- Liability to the public – Indemnity is covered in respect of third parties, up to £2,000,000
- Fixtures and fittings cover included
- Awning cover – 365 days a year (many policies in the market exclude awning cover between October and March)
- Protection and removal of the caravan to the nearest repairers and delivery of the caravan back to you upon completion of repairs
- Optional CaravanPlus Legal Cover. In the event of an accident, should your caravan be rendered unusable CaravanPlus will provide a free hire caravan. (CaravanPlus hire applies only within England, Scotland and Wales. Northern Ireland is excluded)
- CaravanPlus caravan hire cover is unlimited for non fault accidents and a maximum of 14 days for fault accidents
- Uninsured loss recovery service maximum £100,000
- We will also provide free legal advice 24/7, on any matter
- Cash payment of £225 if you’re entitled to a replacement caravan but don’t take it
Unique to Caravan Venture is –
- Accidental damage, fire, theft, vandalism, storm and flood cover
- 30 days European cover
- Uninsured loss recovery service maximum £50,000
- A policy excess of £125 (£250 in Europe)
- Suitable for caravans valued up to £9,000 including equipment and contents
Included as standard with our Caravan Freedom, Caravan Elite, Caravan Exceed and Caravan Evolve policies is –
- New for old cover for caravans up to and including 5 years of age (terms apply) (10 years for Lifesure Caravan Elite)
- Accidental damage, fire, theft, vandalism, storm and flood cover
- Use by family and friends who are age 30 or above (provided no hiring charges are made)
- 180 days European cover
- Caravan repatriation from EU countries
- Alternative accommodation (£75 a day up to a maximum of £2,000 to enable you to continue your holiday or £3,000 on Caravan Exceed)
- Policy excess of between £100 and £150 depending on the policy
Don’t forget that our Freedom and Evolve policies cover caravans £25,000 in value, the Elite policy up to £40,000 in value and our Exceed policy covers the highest values caravans – up to £42,500.
As with any insurance policy there are a number of exclusions that apply, including –
- Hire and reward
- Wear and tear
- Faulty workmanship
- Mechanical or electrical failure – if you would like cover for this please see our caravan breakdown insurance
- Water ingress
- Damage caused by vermin, rot or fungus
Please note that a hitchlock and wheel lock must be fitted to the caravan when it is left for more than 2 hours, regardless of whether it is attached to a car or not.
For full terms please refer to your policy document.
We are able to offer our customers a number of discounts on their policy up to a maximum of 45%. Dependent on the policy, you are able to claim discounts for –
- No claims discount
- HGV class 1 licence
- The policy holder’s age
- Stabiliser / anti-snaking device
- Tyron bands
- Some storage types including CaSSOA storage
- Single axle discount
- If your caravan is permanently sited
Please talk to your adviser for more information.
Key protection cover is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
Many insurance policies include key protection, but the advantages of this product include –
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- No excess to pay
- You won’t lose any no claims bonus accrued through your main policy
- It won’t count as a claim against your insurance
- All keys on the fob are included whether they be car, home, caravan or motorhome etc.
- Larger maximum claim limit of £1,500 – most policies are capped at around £500
For full details about the cover, please visit our key protection page.
We are able to offer our customers caravan breakdown cover as an optional extra on your caravan insurance policy.
If you would like more details please click here.
The advantages of this policy are –
- Roadside assistance and up to 1 hour’s labour
- If roadside repairs are not effective we will recover your caravan –
- To the nearest garage or safe location; or
- To your onward destination; or
- To your home, whichever is nearer within a 25 mile radius
- Mechanical and electrical failure included as standard
- Wheel changes including tyre blowouts and punctures (a spare tyre or inflation kit must be provided / be accessible)
We also have policies for trailer tent insurance, as we recognise that specialist insurance is required.
Click here to read more about our policy and to purchase cover.
Please visit the caravan insurance policy documents page to see sample documents for all of our caravan insurance policies.
You will also find copies of the key facts and legal policy wording.
PLEASE NOTE: We use a number of insurers to quote for various risks and depending on the individual risk, cover may vary. The sample policy wordings shown are only an indication of cover that may be available. To receive a copy of the exact policy wording applicable to your individual risk, please contact us on 01480 402460.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of caravanning topics – from practical advice to touring tips.
The caravan advice library can be accessed here.
There are a number of terms used in your policy that may be unfamiliar, or you may want a greater explanation of some of the details. Please click here to read more.
Where is the serial number?
On the “A” frame, windows, or bottom of the door.
Do you have to insure a caravan to put it on the road?
No, however if you were involved in an incident without an insurer to pick up the bill, it will be you that has to foot any repair / replacement bills, which can be expensive.
Is my caravan covered whilst it is attached to my car?
Yes. If the caravan damages a third party whilst attached to your car, they would claim for damage to their property under your car insurance and you would claim for damage to your caravan under this policy.
What is TyrePal?
TyrePal is a tyre pressure monitoring system, which can be fitted to your car and / or caravan. With the aid of valve pressure sensors fitted to your tyres, the system links up to a small monitor in your car keeping you informed of any overheating or incorrect pressures within the tyres. You can read more about the benefits here.
What are Tyron Bands?
Tyron safety bands are mechanical devices that are fitted to the wheel whilst the new tyre is being fitted. It provides users with a limited ‘run flat’ type effect in the event of a blow out or puncture. You may have seen the effect of a blow out perhaps during F1 racing where the tyre eventually ‘winds’ its way off the wheel. The Tyron band fills the well within the wheel to hold the tyre beads in place thus preventing the road wheel from impacting the surface of the road. You can read more about the bands in this article.
What does CaSSOA stand for?
CaSSOA is the acronym for the Caravan Storage Site Owners Association. More information about the work that they do and the storage facilities approved by them can be found on their website.
What is the noseweight?
The maximum weight your caravan can put on a car’s tow ball as set by the car manufacturer.
Is there a second hand price guide for caravans?
Yes. Glass’s Guide is a trade publication that lists tourers and their dimensions, their retail cost, trade prices and also indicate the cost as new.
What is meant by a full service pitch?
There are a number of terms used to describe the facilities on a caravan site. A full service pitch has individual provision for fresh water supply and waste water disposal, in addition to mains electricity and sometimes television aerial connection.
My insurers insist on a hitchlock – what is this?
Hitchlocks are a security device, which prevent the caravan being connected to a tow ball. There are different varieties on the market, but the idea is just the same. A hitch lock fits over the caravan hitch and either prevents the hitch handle from being lifted or dropped, or completely seals the hitch head to prevent it connecting with a tow ball. If fitted corrected, they are an excellent aid towards caravan security. For more ideas and tips on caravan security, please read this article.
If you’d like us to contact you closer to your renewal date, please leave your details below and a Lifesure adviser will be in touch in due course.