Don’t miss out on great cover – we’re here to make it easy for you
It’s our range of choice that makes our service so useful to customers. By choosing Lifesure for your Motorhome insurance, you’ll have cover from some of the best insurers in the market.
Everyone we work with is A+ rated or better. That means you’re with an insurer that offers excellent cover and has the financial security to pay for any claims.
Best of all, you’ll be helped by a friendly and experienced team who take time to understand your needs.
We care about our customers. We choose partners who care just as much as we do. That’s why our customers come back to us time and again.
Call us today on 01480 402 460. Alternatively, complete our ‘request a quote’ form and we’ll call you.
Insuring your Motorhome really could be this easy.
“Very knowledgeable staff who searched to get me the best policy. Great to speak to a UK based company and to someone who knew insurance inside out, knew what mattered and what didn’t.”
Feefo independent feedback
Our motorhome insurance policies offer many standard benefits, including:
- Cover from the best insurers in the market including Axa, Highway (part of LV) and underwriters in the Lloyd’s of London market
- Up to £75,000 motorhome cover including your equipment and contents
- Cover for up to £3,500 for personal effects*
- Cover for awnings, gas bottles and generators
- Windscreen cover
- European use up to 270 days per annum depending on the policy
- Accident recovery
- Personal accident cover
- Alternative accommodation in the event of loss of use following a claim
- Medical expenses*
- Replacement locks if keys lost or stolen
- New for Old cover – up to 12 months
- Entertainment equipment*
- Left hand drive vehicles and imports are acceptable
- Minimum driver age: 25
* Please refer to the policy wordings for full terms and conditions
As with any insurance policy there are a few exclusions to the policy:
- Excluded drivers and excluded use, including drivers who do not have a driving licence or are disqualified from holding or getting a licence; and using the vehicle for purposes that are not shown on your certificate of motor insurance.
- Deterioration or wear and tear
- Loss or damage whilst your vehicle is not adequately secured
- Loss or damage to any trailer or caravan whether attached to or detached from your vehicle
Please see the policy booklet for the full list of exclusions.
Please note that regrettably we are unable to offer quotes to residents of Northern Ireland.
You can also add substitute vehicle and legal expenses cover to your motorhome insurance.
This cover provides you and your motorhome with:
- A hire motorhome in the event of theft, fire or a non-fault accident that leaves your own motorhome unusable. (Motorhome hire applies only within England, Scotland and Wales. Northern Ireland is excluded)
- Motorhome hire cover for accidents which are your fault and that leaves your motorhome unusable, to a maximum of 14 days
- The recovery of uninsured losses resulting from lost earnings, travel expenses, excess costs in a non-fault accident
- Third party legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- The support of our legal team if you suffer an injury as a result of an accident that wasn’t your fault. You will also be able to use our partner solicitors who specialise in personal injury claims on a ‘no win no fee’ agreement
- A cash payment of £300 if you’re entitled to a replacement motorhome but don’t take it
- Free legal advice 24/7, on any matter
- Full personal injury cover for drivers and all occupants of the vehicle
- Enhanced motor prosecution defence
This insurance can be added to any standard policy for £28. Just ask us and we’ll be happy to talk you through the details.
Key protection cover is an optional extra that can be added on to your insurance.
Many insurance policies include key protection, but the advantages of this product include:
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- No excess to pay
- You won’t lose any no claims bonus accrued through your main policy
- It won’t count as a claim against your insurance
- All keys on the fob are included whether they be car, home, caravan or motorhome etc.
- Larger maximum claim limit of £1,500. Most policies are capped at around £500
For full details about the cover, please visit our key protection page.
We are able to offer our customers UK motorhome breakdown cover from £75 and UK and European breakdown cover from £99.
If you would like more details please click here.
As there are a range of policies that we use to quote for different customer needs, cover may vary. Therefore, this is a sample selection that gives you an indication of the cover that may be available.
To receive an exact copy of the policy wording that applies to your individual risk, please contact us on 01480 402460.
We have a library full of articles and practical advice that we have written for our customers on a variety of motorhoming topics; from safety and security to touring tips.
The motorhome advice library can be accessed here.
There are a number of terms used in your policy that may be unfamiliar, or you may want a greater explanation of some of the details. Please click here to read more.
How do I prove my No Claim Discount (NCD)?
You will need to supply us with the latest renewal notice from your current insurer or a letter on their headed paper confirming the number of years discount you have. The letter will also need to include your name, the policy number and policy expiry date.
Without the proof from your previous insurer, it is likely that the premium quoted will increase.
Can I add a temporary driver to my policy?
Generally yes, but it is possible that the addition will incur an increase in your premium. Please telephone us with the details of the person including their full name, date of birth, occupation, type of driving licence held and information about any convictions or claims made.
Do I need to tell you if any of my details have changed?
Yes, we need to be informed about any change to your personal details or your circumstances. Please call us on 01480 402460.
I’ve been convicted of a minor speeding offence; do I need to let you know?
Any change, however minor it may seem, should be reported to us. Not all offences will result in an increase of premium, but they need to be recorded on your file.
We would also need to be informed if you were involved in an accident whilst driving another vehicle.
I’m going on holiday in Europe; do I need to let you know?
Providing that the trip does not exceed the period limit in your policy, and is within the territorial limits of your policy, we do not need to be made aware of the journey. Our motorhome insurance policies automatically include a number of days for foreign travel; please consult your policy document for the details.
If however, your trip is of a longer duration or you are going to exceed the total number of days over more than one trip, then please call us to discuss extending your cover.
Do I need to inform you about modifications to my motorhome that I am considering?
If the modifications will increase the performance of your vehicle, then yes we need to be informed. Common modifications that we need to be aware of (but not limited to) include engine enhancements, changes to the exhaust system.
We also need to made aware of cosmetic changes to your vehicle including upgrading the spoilers, skirts and alloys, and also if you have lowered the suspension.
Can I drive other cars with my insurance?
Your Certificate of Insurance will state if you can drive other cars that do not belong to you. However you should be aware that the protection provided is the minimum cover as required under the Road Traffic Act (Third Party Only).
This cover does not normally extend to driving vans, motorcycles or HGV’s.
What is meant by a full service pitch?
There are a number of terms used to describe the facilities on a caravan site. A full service pitch has individual provision for fresh water supply and waste water disposal, in addition to mains electricity and sometimes television aerial connection.